Off-Campus CTE Programs
Students who are on a Pathway can complete their courses at the Catalyst Center. The CTE magnet school brings Davis School District students, local business and industry mentors together. Students complete explorer and concentrator courses at their high school then apply to the Catalyst Center for their completer experience. To apply for next semester, click the Catalyst logo.
The Davis Technology College (Davis Tech) is an opportunity for high school students to participate in a COLLEGE level learning experience. It provides opportunities for skill development, work experience and career preparation in a variety of certificate programs. These programs include careers in the following areas: business and technology, construction, health professions, manufacturing, service professions and transportation. Certification is available upon completion of a program.
- Important information and Registration Procedures:
Courses count as Career & Technical Education (CTE) or Elective High School Credit.
- Students must register in one program for a minimum of 2 periods. For example, 1st & 2nd, or 7th & 8th. The DTC Schedule runs in blocks from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and Noon to 3:00 p.m. If a student chooses the morning block, they must be eligible for a “Home Release” for their 3rd or 7th period to accommodate travel time back to BHS.
- Students must see Doug Young, CTE Coordinator, prior to enrolling at Davis Tech.
- The Davis Technical College website provides information about their programs and can be accessed at www.davistech.edu.
· In order to go to Davis Technology College, a student must first apply on-line for the program that they are interested in. After a student has been accepted into a program, the student will be required to complete a transmittal. Make an appointment with Doug Young to complete the transmittal. Scan QR code for appointment.