- Tracking Graduation
- Graduation Requirements
- Graduation Recognition (Cords/Medallions)
- Caps and Gowns
Students can access their Graduation Summary by logging into myDSD: https://mydsd.davis.k12.ut.us/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2f (Academics/Reports/Graduation Summary).
In order to graduate/receive a diploma from Bountiful High School a student must complete the following requirements:
- Academic Graduation Requirements 27 Credits Required – Grades 9-12
Language Arts – 4 credits, one each year
Mathematics – 3 credits
Science – 3 credits
Social Studies – 2.5 credits
US Government – 0.5 credit *Must Pass the Citizenship Test
Health – 0.5 credit
P.E. – 1.0 credit
Fit for Life – 0.5 credit
Fine Arts – 1.5 credits
Digital Studies – 0.5 credit
Financial Literacy – 0.5 credit
Career & Technical Education – 1 credit
Elective – 8.5 credits
- Make up any citizenship "U's" earned between 9th-12th grade: https://bhs.davis.k12.ut.us/parents-students/citizenship
- Fines paid.
Graduation Recognition (Cords/Medallions)
Cords can be purchased in the counseling center in May.
Graduation with Citizenship Honors (Purple Cord)
Students who complete grade 9-12 without receiving any unsatisfactory citizenship marks (U's) are eligible to graduate with Citizenship Honors.
Graduation with Academic Honors (Silver Cord)
Meet graduation requirements and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5-3.799
Graduation with High Academic Honors (Gold Cord)
Meet graduation requirements and have a cumulative GPA of 3.8-4.0
International Baccalaureate Diploma (Blue Cord)
Scholar of Distinction (Medallion)
Take 4 or more AP tests from 9th-12th grade
The purpose of the Sterling Scholars Awards is to publicly recognize and encourage the pursuit of excellence in scholarship, leadership and service. The competition is open to seniors in good standing. A student may be nominated in only one of the 13 categories, but may apply for more than one. Students need to begin planning their educational programs early in order to be competitive. For more information talk to Mrs. Bradfield in Room 300 or visit her webpage https://bhs.davis.k12.ut.us/faculty-staff/teacher-pages/~board/teacherssecondary-burgundi-bradfield-board
National Honor Society (Medallion)
Objectives of the National Honor Society are to create enthusiasm for scholarship, stimulate a desire to render service, promote worthy leadership, and encourage the development of ethical character in students. To be eligible for membership in the BHS National Honor Society, the candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Member of the junior or senior class. Sophomores are eligible at the beginning of second semester if they have a cumulative GPA of 3.8
- Applications are available to all juniors and seniors who meet the scholarship requirements
- Candidates shall then be evaluated on the basis of service, leadership, and character.
- For more information contact Mrs. Volk mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org